The female S.I. Eclectus is still available. And I have 2 more one the way, genders still unknown! She hatched January 26th, 2021. The female is $3,800 and males are $4,200 I will begin accepting deposits when the babies are apx. 2 weeks old. The pics in this ad are babies from their previous clutches.
Eclectus' crave and love interacting with their human families! This bond with humans is achieved primarily through hand feeding.... (read more) I believe in taking a very 'hand's on' approach with my baby birds. I feel it is critical, that from the very beginning they recognize us humans as their loving and caring family. Also, when I hand feed my babies, their interaction with me does not stop there, I hold and cuddle with them as much as I can.
I have a Facebook page called: "Becky's Bird House", that I keep updated with baby news, as well as other bird related information. You can also 'check me out' per say, by looking at my reviews too. Thank you for looking at my ad! Also I need to quickly add that I can accept different methods of payment, including CREDIT CARDS now! Thanks!
Because of the overwhelming amount of scams surrounding the nature of this business (selling expensive animals), I've put together the following list. I think it will weed out most scammers and help you to identify if an ad is a scam.
HOW TO SPOT A PARROT SCAM/SCAMMER
1. If the seller won’t allow you to pick your bird up from them, they will only ship it to you! This is a scam. If you ask where the bird is currently located, and it is NOT where they advertise it is, this is a scam.
2. If you ask for a pic or especially a video and they either say they can't send one then or send an old one (or it's a stock pic). Ask for one with something showing the current date on it in the pic!! If there is an excuse and they can't do it, they are not for real! They don't actually have the bird!
3. If they advertise their birds as having their shots and or boosters! This is a scam! Birds do not get shots or boosters!! Though some are being worked on, they are NOT available yet!
4. If they are really pushy and ask right away if you want a male or female, and how many, they are not for real! Real breeders are not pushy like that! We care far more about our birds and want to get to know the people wanting to buy our babies. I would never push my baby birds on anyone, good breeders want them to go to the right person and under the right circumstances, to a good home!
5. If the price is way lower than all the rest of the same kind of bird and for the SAME AGE birds, it’s most likely a scam. Any theft over $1000 is grand larceny: they will most likely stay under that amount when trying to get money out of you. However, some have been getting quite bold and going for more now. SMH
6. Newest scam is "we ship in a CLIMATE CONTROLLED" container. There is no such thing for shipping a bird!!! This is a RED FLAG, don't bother to look any further, these people are scammers! And I am seeing these kinds of ads everywhere, they are NOT real and have no birds. Same if they say the bird will be delivered to you- SCAM! They are just trying to get money out of you! Don't fall for it, even though you may want the bird they are advertising really bad. You'll be left with no bird and out your money too. Not to mention, a broken heart!
Avoid Scams and Fraud -
Potential areas of fraud: wire transfer, moneygrams, money orders, cashier checks, shipping, escrow, "transaction protection", "guarantee". Check out the Buyer Safety section for more info.